Monday, February 8, 2010

Daily Developer: Day 38

Today was a pretty uninspired day. I adjusted some of the unit tests, and updated the GrowthManager to return counts to help verify testing properly. I ran into a problem, however, when I tried to run the tests. The textures for the growths were not set, and it was causing null reference exceptions. Thinking about this now, it occurs to me that the real problem is the the GUI elements are mingling so freely with the game code. I need to separate these a bit before I can continue testing effectively.

Tomorrow, I will attempt to refactor the GUI elements away from the management elements. I also want to introduce a gradual increase in the rate of spawning and expanding, since I think that this will make a "complete" game mode.

Duration: 00:32:10

No comments:

Post a Comment