Nothing gets the imagination going like the start of a new project. Based on some of the accidental gameplay I discovered in my ToxicGrowth project, I started brainstorming for my new game that I am designating "Project Elasticity."
While there is a lot I don't know about how I want everything in this game to behave, I did take the time to pick a starting point. I am going to use one type of gameplay to start with, with the expectation that there will be a variety of fun ways to play and styles to choose from.
I used Freemind to come up with some of my general ideas, then I selected some of the details and created a basic requirements document in Google Docs that only covers the one aspect of the game I am currently interested in.
My goal for tomorrow is to take the concepts outlined in my requirements document and try to solidify them a bit in a design document. Since I am working on a small portion of a game that could be pretty big, it shouldn't take too long to come up with a basic design. Though, I did notice as I was describing things in the requirements doc that there were several concepts that were much bigger than the simple sentences it took to describe them.
Tuesday, March 23, 2010
Daily Developer: Day 68 - The New Game
Labels: Daily Developer, Elasticity
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment